We are excited to introduce Pivoter Cohorts to our menu of services designed to help folx transition out of campus-based positions. This is ideally suited for folx who not only have a desire to define their future career pathway and create a cover letter and resume but do so with a community of peers. Engagement peers will be designed both to enhance the learning experience (through peer feedback on documents) and also support during what is often a challenging process. This community will extend beyond the course (on LinkedIn).
Cohorts will have no more than 30 participants to ensure we can maintain a small, community feel.
At the end of the blended learning experience, Pivoter Cohort Members will:
- Assess and articulate their desired and optimal career pathways with which to pursue
- Create a Career Fit Checklist to identify key requirements in future roles and organizations
- Review the cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profiles of peers
- Create a final version of your cover letter and resume for job applications
- Revise their LinkedIn page
- Asynchronously share and receive job postings and resources
- Support each other through the rest of the job search in a private LinkedIn Group
Over the course of four weeks, participants will attend three synchronous, working sessions and build community with each other. In between the synchronous sessions, participants will review resources provided by Tom & Jaimie and work (e.g. resume and cover letter drafts) that will be the foundation for our live sessions. We will leverage the power of groups to workshop resume and cover letter documents using peer feedback. Tom & Jaimie will guide the process, closely oversee the peer feedback process, and spend time looking at each person’s final documents individually. Work in between sessions will be minimal, with all of it being directly beneficial to your job search!
- career assessment
- visioning exercise led by career transition-trained coach
- key information about resume, cover letter, job application venues, and networking through linkedin
- resume draft peer-reviewed and with coach feedback
- cover letter peer-reviewed and with coach feedback
- Linkedin profile peer-reviewed and with coach feedback
- continued engagement/support in a private LinkedIn group
- We offer some of this (not all) — via our 1:1 coaching packages which is $325)
Submit your first of 2 $125 payments by June 20 using the registration form below (minimum course enrollment is 10; maximum is 30). Your second payment is due August 1. If you would like, you can pay both at the same time when signing up
#1: Introductions & Community – Saturday, July 30 – 8 a.m. PST/11:00 a.m. EST (1 hour)
#2: Finding Your Career Fit & Visioning – Saturday, August 6 – 8 a.m. PST/11:00 a.m. EST (1.5
#3: Resume Workshop – Saturday, August 13, 8 a.m. PST/11:00 a.m. EST (2.5 hours)